Herbal Beauty and Skin Care
Radiate with glowing skin
According to Ayurveda, one’s health and emotional state are reflected in the face and in the body and cannot be disguised with cosmetics. In other words, Ayurveda emphasizes on maintaining the skin’s beauty by keeping our internal body clean and healthy.
The Ayurvedic secret to beauty is ojas energy, which is the essence of the 7 dhatus (blood, nutrients, bones, marrow, muscles, fat, sperm/ovum), that gives vitality to our neuromuscular system and radiates youthful energy and glowing skin at all ages. For enhancing beauty, we use special herbs made of green leaves, turmeric, almonds, lavender, roses, fresh vegetables and fruits, etc.
How does this program help?
At the centre, beauty management and skin care is aimed at freeing the body of ama (toxins), restoring cellular nutrition and balancing the doshas for improved blood circulation and waste elimination. This includes procedures like cleansing, massages, herbal steam, gentle scrubs, facial packs, toning, rejuvenating and moisturizing. This program can also help in healing scars by stimulating the deepest layers of the skin.
How many days?
Minimum 1 week, ideally 2 weeks, and for better results, 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your present condition and your expectations.
What is the therapy like?
Besides the oral herbal medication to purify the blood and promote elimination, we give Ayurvedic massages with special herbs and warm herbal oils to improve toning of tissues and for increased blood and oxygen supply to every cell of the body. The Ayurvedic diet with plenty of fruits and fruit juices also helps to clean the internal system. All the Ayurvedic herbs used in this program will be based on your personal body constitution and the fruits and vegetables you will consume will be according to your skin type.
Yoga & Pranayama sessions twice daily to detoxify the body, improve blood circulation and make you feel very light and flexible. Nature walks and meditation will also calm your nerves and increase your peace of mind – which will in turn reflect like an aura of beauty from within.
- Abyangam: A massage with a specific combination of oils and herbs to release muscle and joint stiffness and improve blood circulation and elimination.
- Thalapothichil: Following a head and face massage, herbal paste is applied to the scalp.
- Swedana: Opening the pores of the skin through steam and warm herbal oils.
- Mukha lepanam: Mud packs and facial packs with special herbs.
- Tarpanam: Herbal filling on the closed eyes to refresh the optical nerves and remove wrinkles. Tarpanam is also performed on the ears for cleansing.
- Siro Mukha Abhyangam: A deep tissue massage on head, face and neck.
- Madhu Abyangam: A massage with honey mixed with herbs.
- Ksheera Abyangam: A massage with milk cream mixed with herbs.
- Ahara: A special Ayurvedic diet consisting of fruits and herbal juices.
The above mentioned treatment plan is the general Management Therapy for a normal person. However, our doctor will have to check your past medical history and diagnose your present health condition before finalizing the treatment plan that is right for you.