For a healthy body and mind
Modern life is full of hassles, deadlines, frustrations, and demands. For many people, stress is so commonplace that it has become a way of life. Stress can affect how you feel, think, behave and how your body works. In fact, stress can create a variety of symptoms including anxiety, fatigue, eating disorders, depression, headaches, difficulty concentrating and increased anger and relationship troubles. Stress is not an illness in itself, but it can cause serious illness if it is not addressed. If we cannot sleep well and maintain good digestion and elimination, how can we enjoy the jobs, money, luxuries, relationships and power we are striving to achieve?
How does it work?
According to Ayurveda, our inability to deal with stress is due to an imbalance, or lack of coordination of the 3 main mental functions: Dhi (learning), Dhriti (retention) and Smriti (long-term memory), and a lack of Ojas energy in the body. Our Stress Management Program is aimed at relieving the stress accumulated over the years, and increasing the body’s level of Ojas by achieving proper hormonal balance and reinforcing mental potency to better cope with stress in the future.
People dealing with the following issues: insomnia, lack of concentration, anxiety, bad temper, obsessive eating and drinking or lack of appetite, low energy level, poor digestion, constipation, sexual disorders, chain smoking or heavy drinking. This program is also recommended for anyone who wants to experience peace of mind.
How many days?
Minimum 1 week, ideally 2 weeks, and for better results, 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your present condition and your expectations.
What is the therapy like?
- Regular consultation with our Ayurvedic specialist doctor
- Ayurveda & Naturopathy Therapy sessions
- Yoga and Pranayama (breathing) sessions
- Meditation and mantra chanting – our experts will decide how much time and what type
- Oral Herbal medication
- Ayurvedic/ Naturopathy diet – which will be decided after consultation
- Any other activities that do not contradict with the treatment such as contemplative walks or a relax swim.
- Abyanga: A 60 minute full-body massage with medicated herbal oils to release tension from muscles and joints.
- Pizchil: A 15 minute head massage and deep tissue oil pouring massage to strengthen hormonal secretions.
- Sirodhara: A head massage followed by the continuous pouring of either herbal oil/milk/buttermilk/water on the forehead for 45 minutes to cool the nervous system.
- Sirovasthi: Herbal oils are put on the head and kept for 45 minutes to cool the cerebral and nervous systems.
- Talam: Special powder mixed with medicated oil is applied on the head.
- Thalapothichil: Special herbal pastes are applied to the entire body.
- A swedana bath is given after most of these treatments.
- Ayurvedic Ahara (diet) is given to counteract the stress releasing chemicals.
The above mentioned treatment plan is the general Stress Management Therapy for a normal healthy person. However, our Ayurvedic specialist /Ayurvedic doctor will have to check your past medical history and diagnose your present health condition before finalizing the treatment plan that is right for you.