Ayurveda Weight Loss
This intensive therapy includes many different treatments for those whose goal is to achieve long-lasting weight loss. An initial consultation, at the beginning and the end of your treatment will be offered, and you will have daily interactions with your wellness consultant to fine tune your program as you start losing weight and clearing out your system.
Weight-loss usually involves calorie restrictions of some kind but it needn’t be that way. More often than not, calorie counting leaves people feeling out of balance and stressed and food ultimately becomes an obsession. In this situation, the body is running low on vital nutrients and this is one of the main reasons why fancy weight-loss diets rarely work in the long-term.
Ayurveda has a 5000-year- old wisdom behind it – as it treats the body and the mind as one complex system. The approach is simple: cleanse the body of toxins, clean up the intestines, and give the patient proper assimilable and natural food. All this is based on a person’s body type, metabolic profile (called Doshas) all of which was discovered in ancient India by highly evolved souls who understood the complexity of the human body.
Benefits of our therapy:
- Reduces weight
- Provides whole body regeneration
- Eliminates toxins
- Improves Immune system
- Speeds up the metabolism
- Provides accurate mental clarity and focus
Therapy includes :
- Abhyangam (massage)
- Svedana (steam therapy)
- Kizhi (plant based therapy)
- Exercise plan for targeting fat burn
OUR BASIC AYURVEDA – SLIMMING PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- A complete Ayurvedic assessment including a pulse evaluation
- Customized herbal protocol and nutrition plan
- Daily Ayurvedic treatments of approximately two hours which consists of: Abhyanga (a two-person synchronized oil massage), Swedana (individual herbalized sweat therapy), Shirodhara (pouring of warm oil to the forehead), enemas or purgatives to clean your intestines, and another therapy specific for your health condition.
- 3 hydrotherapy sessions per week (depending on toxin levels)
- Special yoga classes that assist in the elimination of toxins and helps to re-balance the dosha’s. It also has a therapeutic and restorative effect on the system
- Meditation and mindfulness classes that take place three times a week to help promote deep relaxation
- Daily check-ins with an Ayurvedic consultant who will monitor your cleansing process
- A special therapeutic diet of Kitchari and herbal teas provided daily. All of the food and tea we serve is 100% organic and most of the vegetables come from our gardens
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations specific to each individual. This is the most important part of Ayurvedic treatment. We will identify your special ‘dosha’ or body type and provide a full explanation of what type of foods agree with you and how to adapt to new eating habits and patterns that will give you energy while cleansing your system at the same time
- You will feel grounded and balanced in the healing atmosphere of our sanctuary and this will allow you time for contemplation and deep inner healing
- We will prescribe herbal supplements to support your weight loss
We are always available on Skype and happy to offer advice on how to keep your dosha’s balanced while maintaining healthy lifestyle habits long after you leave the sanctuary. If advice is ever needed, please feel free to email us.
Please note: We can also supply most herbal medicines via Fedex to most countries.