According to Ayurveda, our natural state of ‘being’ is one of balance and is divided between all the different elements and functions in the body. It is in this state that we experience happiness and a complete sense of well-being, a condition intended for all human beings.
Ayurvedic practice defines well-being as the body being clear of toxins which allows organs to function normally. In the modern world (full of internal and external toxins) we unintentionally accumulate toxins on both physical and mental levels. This eventually weakens the system leaving us vulnerable to chronic, degenerative, and non-specific diseases. This is the source of all disease and the cause must be addressed to restore the body to its original healthy state. No matter how complicated disease maybe, once we remove the toxins from the system – healing begins to take place.
Panchakarma helps by reversing the negative effects of daily living. It restores people to a natural state of health and wellness by cleansing the body of any toxins, bringing balance back to the system and improving bodily functions. People can sustain the healing process by making positive changes to their daily lifestyles.
Panchakarma can be the solution to many problems especially in situations where modern medicine doesn’t have a complete solution. It also supports allopathic treatments and helps to counter the side effects of many treatments, such as chemotherapy and surgery. Panchakarma therapy is individualized and personalized according to the nature of the person. Our Ayurvedic doctor will determine this after a thorough consultation with you.
Benefits of our therapy:
- Whole body regeneration-suitable for many diseases
- Eliminates toxins
- Is ideal for reducing weight
- Effective in resolving sleep disorders
- Improves the digestive system and metabolism
- Reduces inflammation anywhere in the body
- Is an excellent treatment for painful conditions
Our Panchakarma Program Includes:
- A complete Ayurvedic assessment including a pulse evaluation
- Customized herbal protocol and nutrition plan
- Daily Ayurvedic treatments of approximately two hours consisting of: Abhyanga (a two-person synchronized oil massage), Swedana (individual herbal sweat therapy), Shirodhara (pouring of warm oil to the forehead), enemas or purgatives to clean your intestines, and another therapy specific for your health condition
- 3 hydrotherapy sessions per week (depending on toxin levels)
- Special yoga classes that assist in eliminating toxins and re-balancing the dosha’s, they also have a therapeutic and restorative effect on the system
- Daily check-ins with an Ayurvedic consultant to monitor your cleansing process
- A special therapeutic diet of Kitchari and herbal teas provided daily. All of the food and tea we serve is 100% organic and most vegetables come from our gardens
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations are specific to each individual. This is the most important part of Ayurvedic treatment. We will identify your special ‘dosha’ or body type and give you a full explanation about the type of foods that agree with you. We also teach you how to adapt to new eating habits and patterns that will give you energy and at the same time cleanse your system
- You will feel grounded and balanced in the healing atmosphere of our sanctuary and this will allow you time for contemplation and deep inner healing
- We will prescribe herbal rasayanas (rejuvenatives’) after Panchakarma treatment
- Post- Panchakarma, we also offer health and wellness programs for diet, exercise and lifestyle practices
- We are also available on Skype and on hand to advise you on how to keep your dosha’s in balance while maintaining a healthy lifestyle long after you leave the sanctuary
The Panchakarma therapeutic process appears to be simple in its application. However, its effects are powerful and long-lasting. Panchakarma is a unique, natural, holistic, health-inducing series of therapeutic treatments that help to cleanse the body’s deep tissues of toxins, opens the subtle channels, and brings life-enhancing energy and thereby increasing vitality, inner peace, confidence and well-being.