Back, Spine and Joint Pain Ayurveda Therapy
Ayurveda is highly effective in curing the modern plague of ‘aches and pains’ that often accompany us as we grow older. In Ayurvedic science, the belief is that this discomfort is largely down to an accumulation of toxins in the body. This can occur when we eat the wrong type of foods and live in a polluted environment. Fortunately, the cure is simple, the therapies are just simple but the results are amazing because they work with the bodies intelligence system, a subject that was studied extensively over 5000 years ago. Ayurveda is an ancient system of healing that is perfect for the modern world full of illnesses!
Our program is also highly effective as a preventative measure to avoid complications of the spine, joints and locomotor system and is especially helpful for individuals who are starting to feel discomfort in their daily movements.
Benefits of our therapy:
Relieves lower back pain
- Improves flexibility and strength
- Relieves pain related to arthritis and joint problems
- Boosts the immune system
- Decreases inflammation in the body
- Kizhi (plant based therapy)
- Vasthi (Oil bath with medicinal herbs on the painful area)
- Nadeesweda (steam therapy)
- Upanaham (herbal bandage)
- Yoga and exercise
OUR BASIC AYURVEDIC PAIN MANAGEMENT PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- A complete Ayurvedic assessment including a pulse diagnosis
- Customized herbal protocol and nutrition plan
- Daily Ayurvedic treatments of approximately two hours consisting of Abhyanga (a two-person synchronized oil massage), Swedana (individual herbal sweat therapy), Shirodhara (pouring of warm oil to the forehead), enemas or purgatives to clean your intestines, and another therapy specific for your health condition.
- 3 hydrotherapy sessions per week (depending on toxin levels)
- Special yoga classes that assist in increasing body flexibility and strengthening the joints
- Meditation and mindfulness classes that take place three times per week which promote deep relaxation
- Daily check-in with an Ayurvedic consultant to monitor your progress and make any adjustments that are needed
- A special therapeutic diet of Kitchari and herbal teas provided daily. All of the food and tea we serve is 100% organic. Herbal teas are designed to assist your healing program
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations specific to each individual. This is the most important part of Ayurvedic treatment. We will identify your special ‘dosha’ or body type and provide you with a full explanation into the type of foods that agree with you. We will also teach you how to adapt to new eating habits and patterns that will give you energy and decrease inflammation in your body
- You will feel grounded and balanced in the healing atmosphere of our sanctuary and this will make room for contemplation and deep inner healing
- We will prescribe herbal supplements to support your treatment program
We are available on Skype and happy to advise you on how to keep your dosha’s balanced while maintaining healthy lifestyle habits long after you leave the sanctuary. If advice is ever needed, please feel free to contact us by email.
Please note: We can also supply most herbal medicines via Fedex to most countries.