WHAT IS DETOXIFICATION?
Detoxification or detox is the start of the recovery process.
During the detox phase the substance of abuse is removed from the body by stopping its use. This is followed by medications that will help to rebalance the brain chemistry to neutralise cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
If somebody does not have this medical parachute for detoxing, it can be a hard experience as the cascade of withdrawal symptoms can be very difficult to cope with – exhaustion, irritability, generalised body aches, flu like symptoms, diarrhea, rashes, sweats, chills, insomnia.
Hence many addicts who try to stop on their own are overwhelmed by these unpleasant symptoms and prefer to go back to their comfort zone and start using again!
But in a medical setup, we give medications to eliminate these nasty symptoms as they occur- hence the patient does not have to go through a difficult and challenging experience. They are guided and supported along the journey to get a smooth landing!
Why detox at les Mariannes?
• Familiar with latest treatment and detox protocol
• Experience in managing withdrawal effects and symptoms
• We personalise each treatment taking into account various parameters so that each patient goes through a smooth detox experience, with minimal discomfort.
• We use medical protocol to reduce stress and anxiety during the detox process. Our psychologists and counsellors are always available to talk and guide each client through this journey which marks the start of a new beginning.
• Our facilities have been developed with special rooms and space to make a safe space for detox. We have a fully equipped emergency room to cope with any medical issue that may arise with a 24 hour medical/nursing presence on site.
• Our holistic therapies are designed to help the Physiological healing after long term usage, poor nutrition and poor lifestyle habits. This approach makes a big difference in long term success rate because each therapy adds a little plus to your recovery. Together they make the difference between long term successes or an early relapse,
How long does the detoxification process take?
The detox process may take up to 10 days and the duration and course depend on many factors:
- Type of substance the user is addicted to
- Duration an addiction has lasted
- The severity of the addiction
- Method of abuse (snorting, smoking, injecting, or swallowing)
- The amount of a substance the user takes at one time, or daily amount used
- Family history
- Genetic makeup
- Medical condition and general health status
- Underlying mental health issues
Tailor made detoxification process at Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary
Each detox treatment is tailor made and designed for each patient depending on their health and addiction profile. Each program is designed to mitigate the unpleasant effects of withdrawal.
At Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary, our medical team including clinicians, doctors and counsellors perform a health evaluation and addiction history report to decide on the best detox treatment protocol.
During the detox process, we treat our patient for addiction using a range of therapy and we rebalance the brain biochemistry. With proper medicines, our aim is to restore balance in the brain neurotransmitters that influence, mood, cravings and behaviour- dopamine, serotonin and noradrenalin, acetyl choline.
Holistic therapies during detoxification
Additionally to the medical protocol, we make use of holistic therapies to reduce the withdrawal effects and speed up the recovery process. Plus we remove toxins from your body that have accumulated long before you got addicted- from eating wrong foods, and smoking cigarettes and from other sources of manmade pollution.
This is the enjoyable side of a stay with us at Les Mariannes- daily massage, holistic and spa therapies, sauna and Hammam sessions to boost the healing process. With warm sunshine, beautiful scenery, detoxing loses its cold clinical meaning and opens each person to infinite possibilities to start afresh.