Coronavirus Safety at Les Mariannes
As a responsible company, our team is taking all sanitary precautions for the coronavirus safety. Mauritius has been able to manage the COVID 19 pandemic successfully with no active cases in the population past 6 weeks except for those Mauritians who are in quarantine after arriving from overseas.
Why Choose Sanctuary Mauritius?
All our treatment programs are designed by a fully qualified medical doctor with decades of experience in the treatment of addictions and other disorders.
• Your treatment program includes private accommodation.
• Mauritius has easy access and daily international direct flights.
• 24-hour nursing/medical presence on site.
• Any specialized medical treatment needed can be arranged for (e.g. cardiac status check-up. MRI scanning, Echography, whole-body scans)
• Mauritius is a major international tourist destination with some of the lowest crime rates in the world, as well as having a very stable democratic government.
What treatments do Les Mariannes offer?
We are specialised in delivering treatments for addictions, burnout, PTSD, stress linked disorders and psychological problems.
• Combining Holistic and medical treatments
• Cognitive behavioural therapy
• 12 step program
• Dual diagnosis
• Personalised treatment for addiction and wellness
What addictions does Les Mariannes treat?
All addictions affect the same pathways in the brain but impact on the brain chemistry in different ways. We have developed a good track record in the successful treatment of alcohol and substance addictions such as cannabis, heroin, synthetic drugs and others.
What types of programs are available for an addiction treatment stay?
• 12 Step approach-the full program- approx. 4-6 of 1 to 1 sessions with our counsellor/head therapist. CBT may be required for most cases.
• 1-2 weekly sessions with our doctor in charge of your programs to explore past behavioural issues that need to be identified and defused.
• Through yoga, meditation, and discussions we shall explore together ways to develop and increase your spiritual connections.
• Some group work may be proposed depending on your progress. What are the emotional issues from your recent and distant past that are blocking you??
• A new road map needs to be designed with your assistance- how do you see your future? What are the aims of your life? What is your mission statement in life?
• Looking into relationship issues- and showing you the mind tricks to cope with addiction temptations- working out a relapse-free program for your life after Rehab.
Which languages are spoken in Mauritius?
The official language in Mauritius is English but the population is fluent in many language. Most of the inhabitants talk fluently French, English and some of them have a third language.
At Les Mariannes, our team communicates well in the following languages:
• French • English • Chinese • Russian • Arabic
Is Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary licensed?
Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary is duly licensed by the Ministry of Health of Mauritius. We have a clinic license and all our staffs including therapists, doctors and counsellors are highly skilled and most of them have been trained abroad.
How long is the treatment duration?
We offer a one-month programme and the treatment duration depends on the patient. All our programme are tailored made and the exact treatment duration depends on the pre-admission evaluation. The length of stay depends on the individual needs. We have done short intensive programs of 7 days duration but have also cared for clients needing 3-4 months therapy.
What if I require a longer stay?
If you require a longer stay- we shall let you know mid-way in your initial treatment program so that we can discuss your requirements. We shall take care of all visa extensions required and rescheduling of flights.
What about confidentiality?
All matters are confidential. Only Dr. Siddick, our senior nurse and our head of accounts will know your family name and personal data. We deal with high profile individuals and we never take more than 20 addiction patients at any one time.
What would a day in Les Mariannes be like?
We have a planning for our patients which is personalized depending of the individual needs. Our planning include therapies, coaching, counselling and many other activities. Kindly find below a time table of our activities.
Do you have internet access and phone line services?
We know that it is important to communicate with your loved ones and family. Les Mariannes offers a limited access to phone line and internet as to get the best results during your treatment, it is important to have total immersion in your treatment program.
Does Les Mariannes have a detoxification programme?
Les Mariannes offers a detox programme for addiction treatment. All our detox procedures are carried out on-site and our medical staff is available 24/7. We have a special protocol to reduce the craving effects during the detox process and we recommend that all patients having a severe addiction issue undergo our detoxification programme onsite before starting the rehab process.
Is it possible to get visitors while I’m staying there?
This can be coordinated with your therapist in charge. As long as it does not interfere with your treatment plan, we shall allow some flexibility for these requests
Where can my family members stay to visit me?
We can arrange for family members to stay in hotels near the sea- around the northern coast of the island, which is only 30 mins away by car.
Which electronic devices can I bring along, my phone or laptop?
We do have a flexible policy concerning the use of internet, mobile and laptops, provided that the usage of these do not interfere with the treatment plans you are following. We do take into account the needs of our clients and their commitments towards their business and family. We have had many clients who ran their business online, even for periods of more than 1 month, from Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary.
What if I’m a smoker?
Stop smoking programs are offered at every level of treatment, but if you absolutely feel as though it’s not time yet to quit smoking, we have specially designed smoking zones.
What are the room types?
Your room will be deluxe with A/C, king size people- en-suite bathroom, shower-all 4 star standard with daily cleaning service. We also have VIP rooms, and wellness suite available.
How do I do the payment and reservation?
Reservation should be done at least 10 days prior to your arrival. 50% of the payment should be done 1 week before arrival and remaining payment upon arrival. Payment can be done by bank transfer or credit cards.
Deposit and payment
• Admission will be confirmed on receipt of 50% deposit together with a confirmation email from us
• Full payment for stays and treatments must be made prior to a patient’s arrival or latest on arrival at the reception
• Payments can be made by paypal, credit card or cash at the reception
• Any cancellation 7 days prior to arrival will be charged at 100% of the full booking
• Any cancellation 21 days prior to arrival will be charged at 50% of the full booking
• A booking is officially cancelled when a client send a cancellation email to the management and receive a confirmation email from the management.
Arrivals and departures
• Check-in time is between 09h to 14h00
• Check-out time is not later than 12h00. Should you wish to remain on the premises after the official check-out time, please make this arrangement at the reception
Do I need a visa to come to Mauritius?
Many countries are exempted from having the need of a visa to come to Mauritius.Free visas are also granted upon arrival at the airport. The full list of requirement can be found on the following link: http://passport.govmu.org/English/Passport%20and%20Visa%20Requirement% 20in%20Mauritius/Pages/Visa-Requirements-in-Mauritius.aspx
What should I bring with me?
• Casual clothes
• Walking shoes, flat soled shoes or sandals
• Sweatshirt or light jacket
• Gym clothes
• Current medications in original bottles with prescription
• Mobile phones, laptop, tablets.
How is the climate in Mauritius?
Mauritius has a tropical climate and the weather is very pleasant all the year round. The island has two seasons only which are summer and winter.
Summer in Mauritius runs from November to April and the average temperature is 27 ºC.
Winter months are from May to October with temperatures averaging 18ºC.
What is the time zone in Mauritius?
Mauritius is GMT/UTC + 4h Standard Time
The currency used in Mauritius
The currency used on the island is the Mauritian Rupee.
Is Mauritius a safe destination?
Mauritius is a safe destination. We are one of the rare countries which has been able to manage the COVID pandemic with a very low active case rate. The island has never witnessed terrorist events and the crime rate is very low. All foreigners are delighted with the multicultural population and its cultural awareness.
Mauritius is free of Malaria and is one of the few countries without dangerous animals like snake, scorpions, wild animals, etc.
What is included in the price?
The cost is all inclusive. The accommodation, food, therapies, counselling session and other activities related to your treatment are full covered. If you wish to have additional activities such as a visit at the dentist, an extra-activity or an outing, you will need to cover that cost.
What is not included in the price of the treatment plan?
Airfare to and from Mauritius, SSR International Airport
Travel Medical Insurance
Cigarettes, souvenirs, international phone calls
Non-Treatment related medical conditions and medications
What are extras?
If you wish for presidential suite: 3000 USD extra per 28 day stay.
More than one outing per week is at your charge. 90 USD per trip up to 5 hours.
More than once weekly psychiatrist visit will be charged at 150 USD for up to 60 mins session.
Any additional therapies, meals, or services will be charged accordingly during your stay.
Are there discounts?
The price given is Final-and you get lots of goodies such as deluxe room as standard, holistic treatments, etc. However if you stay longer we will then consider a good discount for you.
How many patients does Les Mariannes treat at a time?
Whereas many rehab centres might accept as many patients as possible, we only allow 20 patients at any given time or point in the year.
Will my insurance cover the cost of my treatment at Les Mariannes?
Sanctuary Mauritius deals with a number of insurance companies. Our intake coordinators can answer any insurance related questions you may have and help you through the process.
After I’m done with rehab, what happens?
Each person will have different needs and desired outcomes, and this is something they will discuss with their treatment team to come up with an after-care recovery plan.
Preventing relapse through coaching and personalized follow up is our aftercare strategy.
Our team recognizes addiction recovery as a lifelong process. Our therapeutic program continues to meet the needs of our patients after they are discharged.
Airport transfer is included in your treatment package. In case you need to collect relatives, transport is available at € 150 per car (up to 3 persons). Airport is at 50km distance, around 40 mins travel time.
English and French-speaking staff
Towels, slippers and bathrobe provided for spa access
Custom-tailored packages can be worked out based on requirements
All stays are on full board basis, and menus are adapted to your treatments plans if any
Does Les Mariannes Wellness Sanctuary offer an exclusive VIP service for treatments and therapies?
If you prefer a special one client at a time treatment program, we offer a VVIP wellness retreat for high net worth individuals and celebrities who are looking for privacy, luxury combined with a first-class medical and wellness program to address issues such as addiction, depression, burn out, etc. Kindly email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall reply within 24 hours. We have a fast track for admission process that can also provide private jet facilities for flying to Mauritius together with VVIP services at the airport and helicopter transfer to us.